We are in search of an experienced Sales Estimator, to prepare bid proposals for private and public projects, and to collaborate with other estimators. The candidate must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US.
The job will require all stages of bidding on projects, including but not limited to: determining Union requirements; determining bid schedules; reviewing job specifications; visiting job sites; attending pre-construction meetings; reviewing contracts; maintaining bid process schedules and communicating bid status; choosing best options for systems/materials; soliciting and reviewing vendor and subcontractor quotes; performing labor reviews; maintaining bid spreadsheets; and negotiating work with various clients.
If you possess the qualifications required, and our company core values match those you seek in a potential employer, we would like to hear from you. Our team is dedicated to achieving success. We embrace both exceptional individual efforts and collaborative teamwork.
- Experience in estimating projects ranging from three to eight years, specifically within the glazing industry, on various sized projects
- High School Diploma and some college (certification or Associates degree), in Construction or Architectural Technology course work
- Knowledge of materials, machines, tools and equipment used in the industry
- Ability to read blueprints as well as architectural and structural drawings
- Ability to do accurate take-offs; familiarity with on-screen take-offs
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Project
- Understanding of manufacturers’ installation instructions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High level of attention to detail and self-motivation
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- A generous benefits package
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- An ownership-oriented corporate climate that values and respects all partners
Please send your resumé and a cover letter to [email protected].
Glass Contractors Licenses
- CA 630124
- NV 0044805
- AZ 141159
- NM 370792
Salary range: $80K to $100K